RESPONSIBILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY
We seek to develop our activities in the most sustainable and responsible way possible, since our actions at our headquarters up to the choice of our clients. We work with companies that, like us, believe in the importance of sustainable practices to its enterprise.
Producing, transporting, consuming and disposing of a certain item, causes an impact on nature and society. For this reason, by demonstrating environmental and social responsibility in our actions, the available resources are intelligently employed in order to minimize the impact and guarantee the existence of resources to the new generations in the future.
Since we work with several companies from different areas and industries, it is essential to understand their supply chain, from its initial process with the selection of the raw material and other resources used in its manufacture, disposal in the market and processing of the waste generated.
The demand for food, beverages, cosmetics and even handicraft products that carry the organic stamp is increasingly common and sought after. Due to the demand boost, the export of organic products is supported by public and private initiatives and allows products of Brazilian biodiversity to reach the hands of the international consumers.
Listed below are some points of extreme importance regarding the production process:
Packaging - It is almost always possible to reduce the use of packaging, either in the choice of materials, which can be recycled or recycled, or by using less materials in the manufacture.
Logistics - Search for the optimization of spaces in cargo vehicles, either for the transport of raw material or for the distribution of products for ready consumption, helps to reduce the number of trips and fuel spent, as well as reducing costs and impact caused in the environment.
Energy - We seek to work whenever possible with companies that opt for the use of renewable energies.
Waste - It is part of the policy of our company to apply the 4R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Reeducate.
We apply and follow the principles of the UN Global Pact, which guide us in the quest to be an increasingly sustainable and responsible company for the environment and society. The following principles are:
The ten principles of the Global Pact
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.